Wichita is the largest city in the state of Kansas. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 382,368. Located in south-central Kansas on the Arkansas River, Wichita is the county seat of Sedgwick County and the principal city of the Wichita metropolitan area. As of 2011, the metro area had a population of 630,721.
The city was incorporated in 1870, based on the success of businessmen who came to hunt and trade with native populations. Its position on the Chisholm Trail made it a destination for cattle drives heading north to access railroads to eastern markets. In the 20th century, aircraft pioneers such as Clyde Cessna, Walter Beech and Bill Lear began projects that would lead to Wichita’s nicknaming as the Air Capital of the World. The aircraft corporations Stearman, Cessna, Mooney and Beechcraft were all founded in Wichita in the late 1920s and early 1930s. Cessna and Hawker Beechcraft remain based in Wichita today, along with Learjet and Spirit AeroSystems, and both Airbus and Boeing maintain a workforce in Wichita. The city was also at one time the headquarters of the former Derby Oil Company, which was purchased by Coastal Corporation in 1988.
An area cultural center, Wichita is home to Intrust Bank Arena as well as numerous nightclubs, restaurants, shopping centers, museums and parks. Several universities are in Wichita, the largest being Wichita State University with an enrollment of 15,000 students. In July 2006, CNN/Money and Money magazine ranked Wichita 9th on its list of the 10 best U.S. big cities in which to live. In 2008, MSN Real Estate ranked Wichita 1st on its list of most affordable cities. Wichita was also named most “Uniquely American” city by Newsmax Magazine. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita,_Kansas.
Find homes for sale in the Wichita KS area using our quick searches below.
General, School, and Subdivision Searches
- Wichita KS Homes for Sale
- Wichita KS Golf Course Homes for Sale
- Wichita KS Vacant Land for Sale
- Wichita KS Newly Listed Homes for Sale
- Andover Schools Homes for Sale
- Derby Schools Homes for Sale
- Goddard Schools Homes for Sale
- Maize Schools Homes for Sale
- Wichita KS College Hill Homes for Sale
- Wichita KS Highland Springs Homes for Sale
- Wichita KS Reflection Ridge Homes for Sale
Price Range Searches
- Wichita Homes for Sale 0-$20,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $20,000-$30,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $30,000-$40,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $40,000-$50,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $50,000 to $70,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $70,000-$100,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $100,000-$120,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $120,000-$150,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $150,000-$175,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $175,000-$200,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $200,000-$225,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $225,000-$250,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $250,000-$300,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $300,000-$350,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $350,000-$400-000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $400,000-$500,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $500,000-$700,000
- Wichita Homes for Sale $700,000-$1Mil +
Listing information comes in part from the InternetData Exchange program of the South Central Kansas MLS, and RE/MAX Kansas-Missouri. Real estate listings held by Brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Kansas-Missouri are marked with an IDX logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing Brokers. The information being provided is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, and all information should be verified by the consumer. Listing information last updated 1/16/2018. In consideration for the receipt of the information on this page, the recipient agrees to use the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in which the recipient has a good faith interest in acquiring.
© Copyright 2018 South Central Kansas MLS. All rights reserved.